Buffalo originated the first single-layer clothing system, which is called the DP System. DP stands for Double P as in Pertex and Pile. The iconic Buffalo Mountain shirt won the Outdoor Writers Guild Golden Boot award in 1986.
To be comfortable in adverse conditions you need to be dry and warm. The concept behind the Buffalo DP System is to keep the wearer comfortable no matter what nature has in store.
Moisture causes chilling – so rain and perspiration need to be kept away from the skin. To do this clothing must repel moisture from the outside, whilst eliminating it on the inside.
Whilst insulating the wearer from the cold, our pile fabric lining wicks moisture away from the body onto the outer shell. This densely woven fabric then disperses the moisture over its surface area, where it evaporates.
In turn a micro climate is created within the garment – where overheating is controlled through the venting of side zips.
Ideal for hill-walking including winter climbing, trekking, and general outdoor activities. As with all our overhead garments sizing is important. Shirts should be close fitting but not restrictive as excessive material will reduce the performance.
All Shirts and Windshirts share the features listed here, unless indicated on the individual products. The Mountain Shirt is our mid length top, which finishes at the top of the thigh.
• Classic Pertex shell
• Buffalo ‘AquaTherm’ pile lining
• Neck zip
• Storm baffles on neck and side zips
• Zipped map pocket
• Touch-and-close cuff adjustment
• Buffalo ‘AquaTherm’ pile lined hand warmer pocket
• Tape and buckle waist adjuster (inside hand warmer pocket)
• Scooped back (10cm longer than front)
• Eight ventilation controls on each shirt
• Rucksack hip-belt can be fastened through hand warmer pocket
• Touch-and-close attachment on collar for hood
• Two-way side zips for ventilation and ease of access
• Touch-and-close hip adjusters
On top of the shirt a Buffalo Jacket for when you stop or reach colder conditions.
Buffalo Trousers & Salopettes
A Milder weather alternative to the Mountain Shirt, when less insulation but maximum wicking is required. Ideal for low level hill walking and trekking, climbing, mountain biking, running and general outdoor activities. Features PForm high performance mini ripstop outer shell Fast wicking Teclite micro-pile lining Available colours: Mauve, Deep Russet,...